All the chemical additives and artificial sweeteners in the regular mouthwash are of no good, but often “natural” mouthwash brands disappoint me too. Either they aren’t such natural, not really useful or irrationally costly. So for a few years, I’ve been improving my homemade mouthwash recipe and why not sharing it with you.
- Protection from cavities.
- Sweet and Minty.
- Whitens and remineralizes
So with these 3 elements in mind, I played with ingredients till I obtained a recipe that senses good and does exactly what I want it to do. Here’s what I’ve invented:
- 1 teaspoon xylitol crystals
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons calcium carbonate powder
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops concentrated trace minerals liquid
- 5 drops spearmint essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a large mixing cup, mix together the xylitol crystals and calcium powder.
- Add essential oils and liquid minerals.
- Pour water and stir.
- Empty mixture into a glass bottle.
- fasten the lid firmly and shake ingredients together for about 30-60 seconds so the xylitol dissolves.
- Shake well anytime you want to use.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Another very simple method of making your own mouthwash that is not only extremely cheap but also chemical free.